What you should and should not bring to CYC
Please remember that at camp we get dirty, wet, spend time at arts and crafts (with paint, glue, etc.), and do a variety of activities that will cause clothes and shoes to come home much rougher than when they came to camp. Please don’t send items that you expect to stay clean.
**Please label all items that you pack with your child’s name**
- Sleeping bag
- Sheet to cover the mattress
- Beach towel
- 3 pairs of shorts
- 1 pair of long pants
- 4 tee shirts/tanks
- 1 sweatshirt or jacket
- 1 set of clothes that can get muddy/sticky/stained/etc.
- underwear & socks
- raincoat or poncho
- athletic shoes and/or heavy duty sandals (**flip flops are NOT suitable camp footwear)
- Bug repellant
- Small bag or container to carry toiletries to and from shower
- Flip flops (for shower use only!)
- Bath towel/wash cloth
***Medications (prescription or over the counter) MUST be turned in at check in. Campers should not have medication in their luggage. Prescription medication MUST be in an original, labeled bottle.
- Stuffed animal
PLEASE DO NOT BRING THE FOLLOWING Items:
- Food/Candy (attracts critters)
- Blow dryer/curling iron (fire hazard)
- Hazardous Sports Equipment (archery items, etc.)
- Electronics (video games, iPods, cell phones, CD players)
- Valuables of any sort
**CYC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR BROKEN PROPERTY.
PLEASE LEAVE EXPENSIVE THINGS AT HOME!!!**
Flip flops are NOT suitable camp footwear. Please pack appropriate shoes!
CYC Dress Code
Modest is Hottest at CYC
At Catholic Youth Camp, campers, staff and guests are expected to respect God, each other and oneself at all times. Modesty includes appropriate behavior, language and conversation, and appropriate dress.
- No inappropriate words or pictures on any clothing (ie- vulgar language, violent, sexual, discriminatory, offensive, or tobacco or alcohol promoting content).
- No visible underwear
- No extremely tight clothing
- You must be fully dressed in all common areas (ie- shirts must stay on while playing sports, etc.)
- No cleavage-baring and/or midriff-baring shirts
- Shirts that are transparent (see-through), expose a bare back, halter tops, and tube tops are prohibited
- Tank top straps must be at least 1-inch wide
- Must be worn at the waist (sagging is not allowed)
- Shorts must reach fingertips when arms hang at your side
- Females: one-piece suits recommended, however, two-piece suits are allowed as long as they are modestly cut. No string, thong, or crochet suits allowed.
- Males: swim trunks only (no Speedo or bikini style)
- Flip flops are for the shower only! Uneven terrain, active programming, and the overall camp environment require more support and coverage than flip flops offer.
- High-heeled or dress shoes are not appropriate camp footwear.