Apply TODAY! Click HERE for our Application!
Reference Form– to be fill out by 3 references
Are you interested in spending your summer changing lives, growing and developing your professional skills, being challenged, sharing your faith, having fun, making friends and having an experience unlike any other, CYC is the place for you. A summer at CYC will change your life and provide you with memories that will last forever.
Applicants will be interviewed as they apply and jobs will be offered on a rolling basis.
Summer Staff must be available Sunday-Friday from June -August, Mandatory staff training takes place June 14th to 21st for all hired.
CYC Staff must be 19 years old or at least one year post high school.
Intern at CYC!
Spend your summer gaining professional experience while also having fun. CYC interns will develop understanding of camp operations, marketing, youth development, program design and much more. Ideal for majors such as, Education, Youth Ministry, Catholic Studies, Marketing, Recreation, and Non- Profit Management.
Call the office to see why CYC can be the perfect fit for your internship! (651) 636-1645.
Summer 2019 Job Openings
Assistant Program Director ($225- $275/week)
This person will work closely with the Programs and Operations Specialists and the Director of Programming. This person will facilitate large group programming. They MUST have the ability to capture the attention of a large group while creating an inclusive atmosphere where all feel welcome. This position will be the face and voice of daily programming at camp.
Programs and Operations Specialist ($225- $275/week)
Two positions available. These people will work closely with the Assistant Program Director. They must be organized, efficient and adapt quickly to the changes that happen at camp. They should have the ability to follow systems already in place and also to create a new system to keep camp running smoothly.
Marketing Intern ($225-$250/week)
This person will work closely with full time staff to spearhead CYC marketing for the summer and through the rest of the year! This is a great opportunity for someone hoping to have a career in marketing or communications! This person would maintain the photos on the camp website, producing a weekly slideshow, manage camp social media, and other direct marketing campaigns. This person will not live in a cabin, but will interact with campers, assist staff in programming, and be expected to go through staff training.
Camp Photographer ($225/week)
This persons number one goal is to take pictures of campers all summer long! They will capture images of campers having fun to share with parents but also will capture images that will be used all year long in camp marketing. This person will work closely with the Marketing Intern. This person will not live in a cabin, but will interact with campers, assist staff in programming, and be expected to go through staff training.
Cabin Counselor/Lifeguard ($225/week)
This person will be responsible for leading 10-12 campers in daily activities, as well as supervising campers at meals, overnight, and during all-camp activities. This person will also be a certified lifeguard and will supervise campers in boating, fishing, swimming or other water-related activities. (CYC will provide necessary training to become a lifeguard, training takes place at CYC June 9th to the 12th).
Cabin Counselor ($200/week)
This person will be responsible for leading 10-12 campers in daily activities, as well as supervising campers at meals, overnight, and during all-camp activities. Counselors work with campers ages 7-15.
This person will be responsible for the daily upkeep of the building and grounds, including lawn care, vehicle care and other projects.
2019 Reference Form– to be filled out by two professional and one personal (non relative) references.
If you have any questions, please contact Meghan at 651-636-1645 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Year Round Positions
Director of Programming
To apply- email email@example.com
Reports to: Executive Director
To further the mission of Catholic Youth Camp through the development and management of programming.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the design, delivery, and evaluation of camp program and ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner.
- Remain current with information on the developmental needs of youth.
- Assist in the development and implementation of crisis and risk management procedures.
- Assist in the design and delivery of programs and activities appropriate to the camper population.
- Assist in the financial management and fund development operations to allow for adequate annual funding and to meet long-term goals.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the budget for the camp operations.
- Assist in the development and long-term fund raising strategies for the camp program and facilities.
- Assist in the implementation of a marketing plan to increase camper attendance and camp usage.
- Prepare and analyze enrollment trends.
- Assist in the development and implementation of recruitment and retention strategies.
- Assist in the implementation of human resource management practices to recruit and retain seasonal and year-round staff.
- Recruit staff based on camper enrollment and program management requirements.
- Assist in the hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of seasonal staff.
- Assist in the management of property development and maintenance needs to ensure stewardship of current resources and identification of future needs.
- Assist in the annual assessment of property and maintenance needs.
- Assist in overseeing the daily operation of the summer resident camp including food service, program, business, camper and staff supervision, and health care.
- Assist in overseeing the business management functions of the camp including financial record keeping, office operations, camp store, etc.
Proficiency in computer skills and related word processing and data management, knowledge of some maintenance, office and kitchen equipment as well as ability to drive camp vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 Years of camp management experience
- Competencies in marketing, program development, staff management, parent/board communication & budgeting
- Commitment to excellence
- Spirit of fun, a sense of humor & a love of children
- Belief in the ability of camp to positively impact a child’s life
This position requires the ability to listen to others, observe others’ actions, read text and information; comprehend instructions and manuals, and physical ability to move about the camp property in various environmental conditions.